Gamers Pro Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamers Pro Alliance

[GPA] gamersproalliance glitching, montages, reviews, tutorials

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
view count
Latest topics
» 2011 hottest Jackets
Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:10 am by laburnum

» 2011 hottest Jackets
Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:09 am by laburnum

» the rules/differences between a hack and a mod
Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:58 am by Uniformer

» Desert Fox..
Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:33 am by jwalkers888

» Help meh out
Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 5:07 pm by jwalkers888

» go to newer website
Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:01 pm by jwalkers888

» yo help us? tis funy as fk
Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:55 pm by jwalkers888

» need help?
Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:53 pm by Rockboy000

» Best Display Pic
Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:31 pm by Rockboy000

Facebook Page

Experienced modders please respond

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SSGsquare
SSGsquare

Experienced modders please respond Empty
PostSubject: Experienced modders please respond   Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 8:28 pm

Experienced modders please respond 152kiec
Who knows how to fix the grey thing and/ or ugly camo? this is a crossmod from NOLF 2 but IDK how to fix the bugs.
Back to top Go down
http://warfiend100@gmail.com
DreadKyller

PostSubject: Re: Experienced modders please respond   Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 11:48 pm

W T F?
HOW THE FK?
WHERE THE FK?

First off explain w t f that is, I mean it's obviously a crossbow or something.

Off that, the way to fix that if find out it's texture and mod that (?duh?)

And the gray thing is a problem with the UI_HID_SOMETHING file, the player info and shit is messed up, you need to find a clean ui file for what ever you changed for that, maybe retry the mod...
Back to top Go down
SSGsquare
SSGsquare

PostSubject: Re: Experienced modders please respond   Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 1:24 pm

It's a crossbow from NOLF 2, but NOLF 2 uses lithtech as default playing. So when I convert to nexon it does this. Also the grey thing is a problem with the gun, as with a knife or something I don't have it. Heres what i tried to fix the textures:
Copy and paste, then resize the image onto PV_l96A1[X]
Normal way, covert, inject[X]
Inject as lith tech[X]
All the results were the same.
I think the grey thing may be involved with 3d modeling.
Heres it in NOLF
Experienced modders please respond No-one10
Also side note on the release: I'm gonna release it as soon as the grey thing is gone, textures fixed and modded, and the RoF, reload is normal. In order to make it that shape I need to edit the model, and I want it, so I'm going to hex it so the majority of the stats are the same, all but the 3D model.
Not a problem with textures actually... The model makes it weird, I've tried different combos but none work so far.
Back to top Go down
DreadKyller

PostSubject: Re: Experienced modders please respond   Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:50 am

I do not think you can change weapons like that in this game, you can edit their texture, but model changeing is insane because there are a lot of DTX files in those, you can't really know which are which. You can't add a new gun to the game unless you change it also in a .rez file called TEXTURESCRIPTS.rez, and that would require a ton of hex editing, which is not legit modding, so...

i think combat arms uses a different UV layout then most other games.

I work in 3D modeling for makeing game so let me explain something.

corners to any solid object are called "Verticies", verticies are the main points of a mesh, you can connect 2 verticies to make an edge, or 3-4 verticies to make a face. A "Face" is any of the solid flat areas on the mesh(object) like a cube have 6 faces. There is a texture that you can make and then you have to line up the certain parts of the texture with the right face.

The way the faces are layed out on the texture is called its "UV Co-ordinates", these will apply the mesh onto the texture as if unwrapping the faces of the mesh onto the texture.

This is how Combat arms does it along with many games, however there are some games, and I think the game you got t hat from is one of them that use GLSL "Materials" and with this they choose a face and assign it a certain texture, sort of like applying the texture to the mesh instead of applying the mesh to the texture.

If you understand what I just wrote you will then realize that the texture used for the bow will not work with it's current layout, and editing it would be bull, it would require you somehow finding the meshes UV layout saveing that, and then dragging the peices of the texture into the right place, that could take days... sound like fun?

Now that you show me the picture I realize the problem with the grey area is because in that game the UI is part of the gun, and once again with the UV layout those faces have no texture and are just covering up the normal Combat Arms UI.
Back to top Go down
SSGsquare
SSGsquare

PostSubject: Re: Experienced modders please respond   Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:21 pm

I don't need to worry about meshes, I have a program for that. I'm going to study the cross games with successful textures to see whats wrong with it.
Won't work, or at least I'm too lazy.
Now I have a new problem, where are the .ltb for the flamethrowers flame? :3

NVM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experienced modders please respond   Experienced modders please respond I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Experienced modders please respond
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers Pro Alliance :: combat arms :: CA mods(Legit)-
Jump to: